GROW A ROW Garden Coordinator, Part time contract
Job description – 2013
Sponsor: Sooke Region Food CHI Society
Location: Sunriver Community Gardens
Contact: Phoebe Dunbar, Sooke Food CHI Board director and liaison to SRG,
firstname.lastname@example.org or 250 642 4342
Terms of contract:
- 8 to 10 hours a week, 10 weeks, beginning mid April 2013
- 2 afternoons a week – Wednesdays and Sundays
- 1 to 5 p.m. To be extended to October once other funds confirmed this spring.
Accountability: The contractor will report to Sooke Food CHI liaison, regularly, as defined in contract.
- To work cooperatively with garden volunteers who will assist in all aspects of food production at SRG. Will assign tasks to volunteers in accordance with their ability and interest.
- To mentor volunteers and SRG plot gardeners (from the allotment garden) to ensure implementation of best practices and success
- To be accountable to Sooke Region Food CHI Society
- Horticulture certification or proven growing/farming experience
- Organic and/or best practices knowledge
- Planning and coordinating skills to maximize hours on site
- Interpersonal & communication skills
- Personal suitability
- Ability to work with minimal direction
- Understands and is able to implement the philosophy and principles of building community at a community garden
Preference will be given to an applicant with access to a vehicle.
Submit covering letter and resume to email@example.com by April 8th, 5 pm