How is SRG managed?Two governance groups exist to help Sooke Food CHI manage the SRG site. Both groups are accountable to Sooke Region Food CHI Society’s Board. 1. SRG Garden Site Group with representation from all user groups (orchard, native gardens, allotment plots, Food CHI Grow a Row) becomes involved only where there is a need to consider garden planning and operation issues that affect the whole site: e.g. addition of new structures,– drainage, path and lane access, water, fencing, security, parking , social spaces, kids playground areas, etc. 2014 Site Group Members –Chair – Michael Tacon, Doug Dalquist, Glen Thelin, Phoebe Dunbar, Paula McCormick, Emily Moreland, Patricia Whitley 2. SRG Allotment Garden Council Each year throughout the growing season (April to October) a dedicated group of allotment gardeners sit on this council to assist in the management of the 90+ plot allotment garden. The circular design of the garden has been divided into pods. See pod plan here
- Acting chair – Shauna Davis
- Recorder – appointed at each meeting
- Pod reps – volunteer each year, two from each pod, see pod contact info here
- Plot registry reps –Shauna Davis and Lis Johansen, manages the registration and allotment fees
- Communications – Chris Ford manages Sookesrg@gmail.com to centralize SRG communications by distributing SRG notices, meeting notifications and newsletters.
- Non-voting members – Food CHI liaison director Phoebe Dunbar and Grow a Row coordinator Paula McCormick
- Other participants – all members of the SRG allotment garden are welcome to attend meetings and participate as non-voting members.